Monday, November 15, 2004

11/14/04 I was the ride leader??? WTF??!!!


11/14/04 Ride for a cure! Posted by Hello

Well I created a little thread for a "so slow it hurts" ride on sunday, and man o man I think everyone in the bay area showed up for it!
We met up at the Santa CLara *$ at 11am, about 20 heads showed up there, and split into two groups up towards Alices. ( i'll post later about the fundamentals of a group ride since my group lead was a total fucktard)

One guy had a minor incident on the way up, but no one was hurt, and the bike was upright again and ready to roll. Re-grouped at 4 Corners, grabbed a few newbies and split off into my own group. Took lead and Timmy was my sweeper.
Finally got to Alices, and there were like at least 50 heads up there! Was this all from my little thread? No way, it can't be! So I had to give the pre-ride speech, yeah I sucked. I forgot about all the safety warnings, ego checks, and ride fundamentals.
I led a small group all around, we had no incidents, but had to stop and have a conversation about DY crossing, riding too close, and looking thru the turns. But still great day!
So enough rambling, I organized ( how did that happen) and I led ( wtf was that all about too??) a group ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home