Thursday, March 10, 2005

Trust

What the fuck is trust anyways. How do you get it? How do you keep it? Who can you trust?

NO ONE.

Once you trust someone, they'll let you down, they'll betray you. You think after you've known someone for awhile, you've talked to them, you feel like you've really gotten to know who this person is, and they are someone you really like. Game over, you just lost.
No matter how hard you try to not trust anyone, no matter what you have to put some level of trust in everyone you meet. Think about it really, cause I know there are those extremely bitter types (no not me...yet) who think they got "burned" by someone in the past and say that they refuse to trust anyone ever. Say you go to the movies with a friend, automatically you are giving this person a minimal level of trus by hanging out with them. Basically you are saying, I am trusting that this person in my friend and does not want to kill and eat me tonight. But hey, you could still be wrong, couldn't you ;)

So honestly, in my life, I have always been very trusting. Always thinking that the people I know are good, decent people, and carry some of the same morals that I do. Oh how wrong I was. Just because you may have a sense of decency, live an honest life, try (I said try) not to really hurt anyone else, doesn't mean anyone else lives their life the same way.
Friends...bah! Family...bah! Significant others...bah! Pets...finally, they'll love you not matter what..but you dont really have to trust them with anything. Yourself, can you even trust yourself? Nope......is not 80% of the misery in your life self-inflicted? Honestly answer that...you can't even trust yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home