Sunday, January 29, 2006

Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps


Yummy! Posted by Picasa

Keeping up with my aZn side and celebrating the Year of the Dog, tonight I made these lettuce wraps for the fam. The recipe was fairly simple, cooking time was less than 30 minutes, plus its actually a good for you dinner.
k, recipe for you...enjoy!


1 pound White Ground Turkey Breast
1 teaspoon vegetable oil

1 red bell pepper,
diced1/2 cup green onions,
sliced1 1/2 tablespoons
ginger root, finely grated
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon
red pepper flakes
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup
sliced almonds, toasted
8 iceberg lettuce leaves, washed, dried, chilled

(I used butter lettuce, left the almonds out. Also, I substituted the red pepper flavor with hot chili sauce, and coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. I used bean sprouts for a crunchy topper. )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"hoisin sauce"... Is it plum sauce? I was celebrating the Chinese new year at my gf's parents and could not figure out what this was..
My best attempt to say it" Gung He Fat Choi".. haha OK my Chinese sucks.

Monday, January 30, 2006 5:59:00 AM  
Blogger racergirl said...

I really dont know what Hoisin Sauce is either. And you know its NOT a good idea to read the ingredients lable on Chinese products :p

Monday, January 30, 2006 7:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home