Thursday, October 06, 2005

Never ride again??

Could you, would you do it?

Lately its all I think about. And right now, I am terrified when thinking about riding my bikes. But after getting a taste of the excitement, freedom, and thrill that comes with riding a motorcycle, could I really give it all up? Walk away and truly say, "never again"?

I dont know.

The advantages are that I wouldnt be as poor anymore. I could sell the bikes, that means no more monthly bike payment, lower insurance, no more saving up all year long for rediculously expensive gear. But what do I do with my gear? I cant sell my suit. Who would want to buy a custom Helimot leather suit with "racergirl" on the back. The disadvantages, never riding again. And what about those perfect saturday mornings, when all you want to do is hit the hills? Plus the overwhelming jealousy i would feel everytime I saw a bike on the road. But, then again, theres that relief of fear.......

what to do.....what to do......

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once a rider, always a rider. You can't give it up.

Besides, we'd miss you! :-)

Thursday, October 06, 2005 3:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People hurt everyday. Life's gifts are worth persuing. They are why we're here. If you find you do not enjoy riding because it brings you no joy...then by all means quit. But if you enjoy riding but are afraid...then you must try harder to be a better rider. >)

Friday, October 07, 2005 8:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often say that riding is "the needle" meaning you are like a junkie: once it is in your blood you can't get it out. I also say that riding is the reason to breathe. It is a total focus on existence.

If you are evaluating the monetary value of the bike/insurance/gear and such, then you don't get it. The freedom of your soul can be measured in the ability of the motorcycle to give you that freedom. If it worries you more than it gives you freedom, then reevaluate.

Monday, October 10, 2005 12:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have one life....you got to decide how you want to live!

Personally, I know motorcycling can be dangerous but I like riding. I would rather be happy and take the risk than be sad and take no risk.

Monday, October 10, 2005 4:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It costs a lot. It's dangerous. You're afraid. It's an easy decision:

Give up riding.

The way to tell if you really love something is to let it go and see how much you miss it. Sell your bike and gear. Then you'll know whether you made the right decision or not. If you always feel down from not riding you should buy another bike. If it doesn't phase you then you made the right decision to quit.

Monday, October 10, 2005 9:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home