Sunday, April 26, 2009

Newbie Ride 2009

Participated on teh SBR / BARF Newbie Ride 2009 on saturday. Mike (mightslip) sets up this ride up every year, even does a dirt newbie ride. Any ways, met up early off of Edgewood Road to get our pre-ride safety talk and split off into groups. I would say about 160 or so riders showed up for the ride. This is a great pic to just show you how amazing the scene was before we started, thats a long ass line up!

So I was the sweeper for Group #22, Jimmy was our lead. Here's a pic of us: Sumy, her bf, Josh, Alex, Jimmy and I

From Edgewood Road we went up Kings Mountain to 35. Once we hit 84 it was the basic "loop". A little chilly, but still a great day to be riding. We had a side of the road lunch at Bonny Doon, then headed out to the finish line at 4 corners. We kinda went off route and ended up getting there a little late. --It had been a long time since I had been on a group ride, even longer time since I had really been out and about in the hills again. I missed it.


Zoomsplat was taking pics of groups as they went by at different locations; got one of me, I think on 84. Always nice to get a riding pic, not often that you do.


This is the group at the end of the ride at 4 corners. I missed being in the picture :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home