Sunday, December 03, 2006

03Dec06

16 days and a wake up and I get to come back home again...honestly right now knowing that xmas exodus is so damn close is all that keeps most of us going.
The last few weeks have been hard, frustrating, everything all in one.....and the army wonders why all of their soldiers smoke and drink like theres no tomorrow.
The army will give support for almost anything you need...physical rehabilitation if u get hurt, substance abuse programs, financial assistance, whatever, but if u need any kind of mental health support you're SOL. But thats the army's job right? they try and try to break you, because you can't do this job and be mentally weak. So friday nights its all about being at the bar, monday thru friday that 2 hours of personal time we get if we're lucky is all about getting as far away as you can chain smoke and try to get yourself right so you can face the company again and not go crazy.
Any ways in whiskey training now. the other day we had to give eachother intramuscular, subcutaneous, and intra dermal shots..scary shit. the next day we did nasopharangeal airway adjuncts. Nothing like having a thick plastic tube shoved up your nose. The real scary one is in a few days we'll be giving IV's...I so dont truct my partner to put anythiing straight into my vein, I'm pretty much guranteed to pass the fuck out for that one.....did I mention that when she was giving me a shot she let go of the needle and let it dangle in my arm!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric Gerrity said...

Y halo there!

What is the name of all that is holy are you doing in the Army?

Are you at Sam Houston?

Sorry it's been so long since I've said hi! Drop me a line and tell me what's been going on.

Take care,

Eric

Monday, December 11, 2006 6:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hear IVs are the best cure for a hangover.

hang in there, you've made it this far.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:43:00 PM  
Blogger racergirl said...

Eric!
email me.....
racer_girl14@hotmail.com

Thursday, December 21, 2006 4:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home