Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Last 10 days: July 5th

Happy Birthday Maggie!!!

Oi! only one day later and I'm having trouble remembering how the day started!!!

I know I went to school to sell back books, picked up my dry cleaning and film, but how did that take up the whole morning? Oh, I think I did some obsessive cleaning of my mom's Kitchen, yeah that musta been it. Cleaning and errands....typical.

In the afternoon I had to be at the Recruiter's office. We headed to my old Jr. High to take the PFA. The minimum:
Pushups: 3 (1 minute)
Situps: 17 (1 minute)
1 Mile: 10:30

So the pushups...since I only had to do three, I told em I'd just go to 7 and quit....so I did seven and quit. For the situps, I went to 32. My trainer makes me do easily 200+ situps every session. The mile, that was my only fear. I suck at running. I hate running. And I dont know how I did it, but I finished, under time, and I managed to keep a steady trot, even when I was for sure I was gonna have a heart attack and drop dead on the track. So Army PFA, CHECK!
I'm not taking the PFC test, I know I can't make the 2 mile run in time. Its my only hold back. Its ok, eventually.

Ok, the fun stuff, Maggie's Birthday Party!!! Cat & Pete hosted and everything was wonderful as usual. A little OT discussion for a sec: Cat's cooking. Oh-My-God! I can;t even begin to describe how superbly fantastic everything that Cat cooks is. Everything! It's the best. And everything is made from scratch, no cans, no dehydrated mixes. Last nights menu? Penne Pesto Pasta, Spaghetti & Meatballs, Greek Salad, Spanikopita, Rice Krispy treats, Brownies, Spinach dip, oh and the famous Crab dip! That never stays on the table too long. I tell ya, I was in carb heaven!

Ahh, ok back to the parteh! Maggie turned 21, so that was a big milestone for her :p A lot of people showed up and it was nothing but smiles, laughs, and good eats from there. For me it was also an oppertunity to see some folks for the last time, say a goodbye for now. It was a good night.

cake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home